Re: Java library license problem

Hi!

On Thursday 04 November 2010 at 12:17:39, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 04.11.2010 12:11, schrieb Mònica:
>
> > This program uses a library that is not free
> > (AppleJavaExtensions.jar). Apparently, the use of this library is
> > only to build the MacOS version of the program.
>
> So the rest of it is free and could be part of Debian "main" if it
> wasn't for this library?

I think so. But upstream code depends on this library, so it should be changed to make it usable.
Otherwise, maybe there is another solution I can't see because in [1] seems the package is being in progress.

> > I think I could change the upstream source and achieve that the
> > software won't be dependent on this library (now it is). But I don't
> > know if it's worth to do it...
>
> If you want to get your package in main, you'll have to, otherwise it
> won't pas the ftp-team ;)

:-)

Thanks to all for your quick response!

Mònica

"Normalment, només se'ns reconeix el dret de pensar quan pensem dins d'un dels corrents que cada època considera legítims; és a dir quan pensem el menys possible."
Manuel de Pedrolo