Re: Open RFS lacking (further) response

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Charles Plessy wrote:

Le Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 11:00:23PM -0400, Asheesh Laroia a écrit :
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Charles Plessy wrote:

RFS has something similar in concept to pull requests. How about including in
the RFS emails a link to the most relevant diff in the web interface of the VCS
where the package is stored ? This will help to have the changes seen by many
eyes.

I think that is a great idea, so long as it's an "updated package" RFS.

Do you see a way to make the idea work for all RFSs? (Honest question;
trying to get a sense of what you mean.)

Obviously, it will not work if the package is not a VCS, so it does not apply
to all RFS. But we can encourage it by showing examples, for instance in the
RFS template. From URLs like the one below, people can easily figure out the
correct one for their package:

Diff between revisions 5120 and 5399 of the imagej package:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/?op=comp&compare[]=%2Ftrunk%2Fpackages%2Fimagej%2Ftrunk@5120&compare[]=%2Ftrunk%2Fpackages%2Fimagej%2Ftrunk@5399

Diff between the tags debian/0.1.8-1 and debian/0.1.9-1 of the samtools package:

http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/samtools.git;a=commitdiff;h=debian/0.1.9-1;hp=debian/0.1.8-1

That makes a lot of sense! I see what you mean.

-- Asheesh.

--
ROMEO:		Courage, man; the hurt cannot be much.
MERCUTIO:	No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide