Re: RFS: wicd-client-kde

El 3 de noviembre de 2010 13:05, Iker Salmón San Millán <shaola@esdebian.org> escribió:

I am still wainting upstream response about changing the name to wicd-qt, but till then i would be glad if someone makes a new review of the package.

Here is the response:
>Well technically this is a KDE App, which heavily depends on the KDE libs, not only on Qt, and is designed to integrate in the KDE >desktop. If you call it wicd-qt, it might be misleading if someone doesn't want any kdelibs dependencies for whatever reason. So I do >not recommend using wicd-qt for the package name, but instead wicd-kde, like your potential mentor said, for consistency.
>About the binary name, I don't plan to change it to wicd-kde, because it doesn't contains/substitute the wicd daemon, I think it's >important that the users understand it's just a client for the daemon.
>So the package wicd-gtk depends on gtk (and not GNOME) and provides the wicd-client binary.
>And the package wicd-kde depends on kde (and not only Qt) and would provide the wicd-client-kde binary. (I can't call it wicd-client >obviously so I just add -kde at the end)

That makes sense to me.  I don't know what to do now.  I have to correct the description of the package just to make clear that not only depends on qt it also depends on kdelibs

Cheers

Iker