Re: Open RFS lacking (further) response

[...]

> > Hmm, how can we encourage non-DDs to review packages.
> >
> > I'm thinking it might work to offer sponsorship in exchange for
> > reviews. So, a DD reviews a package from maintainer. If there are no
> > blockers to the upload, the DD says, "looks good, review someone elses
> > package and I'll upload it".
>
> I see a small problem with this, and it is the following: imagine that
> somebody packages a useful application. He has no special interest in Debian,
> but only in that application, and it is an application we consider worth
> enough to have in Debian.

[...]

I liked the idea of requesting reviews from people whose packages will get
sponsored; but I'd just ask for doing that voluntarily. I probably should have
taken the chance to ask people for doing so yesterday, maybe I'll even send
those people another email.

One technical question, however, remains: Could we have some list of packages
that remain to be reviewed? Just telling people "please review some package" is
pretty awkward...

Best regards,
Michael