Re: Open RFS lacking (further) response

Noel David Torres Taño <envite@rolamasao.org> writes:

> On Viernes 29 Octubre 2010 22:05:40 Ben Finney escribió:
> > Noel David Torres Taño <envite@rolamasao.org> writes:
> > > That person creates the Debian package (as he creates packages for
> > > other distros) and puts it here. It is a good package of a good
> > > app, and he will have continuous interest in time for the package
> > > (that is, he will maintain the package in shape).
> >
> > Do you have a concrete example of such a package that is especially
> > well-maintained by someone who “has no special interest in Debian”?
>
> No, I havn't. I know there are a lot of programs out there which have
> a debian dir or even finished deb packages, and are later repackaged
> by their Debian maintainers. But must that be always that way? Is it
> always an upstream package worst than a repackaged package?

Until there's a concrete example of such a package, I don't think we
should let that get in the way of an informal policy that we both agree
is beneficial for the examples we do have to hand.

--
 \        “The problem with television is that the people must sit and |
  `\    keep their eyes glued on a screen: the average American family |