Time of a package to be processed by FTP-masters

Hello,

I don't know if the question is very appropriate in this list, but since it
will be useful for new maintainers whose packages are uploaded to the
archives, I figured out that it might be appropriate.  If not, please point
me to the correct place to ask.

The matter is that I got a new version of an existing package compiled and
uploaded by a sponsor (I'm just DM so I can't directly upload my stuff), and
the package is stuck in the "new" queue of the ftp masters machine for two
weeks.  I realize that there are a lot of packages to be processed, some in
the queue older than mine, but most of those have several versions uploaded
which indicate that maybe they have packaging problems, and many packages
newer than mine were already processed in this time lapse.  The previous
packages that I had created and needed to go in the "new" queue were
processed within a couple of days.

So I am wondering whether my package has a specific problem (though I was
not contacted by ftp masters in any way), or it's just a matter of time
before it gets processed (e.g. they are busy with updates related with the
freeze), or what.  What I would want to know, in particular:

1- If this is normal, or if having to wait for >1 week indicates that the
package has some kind of problem.

2- In the latter case, do FTP contact you (even by receiving some kind of
REJECT notification), or are you supposed to ask them what's the problem
after some time?

2.1- If so, what's would be the time appropriate to ask? 1 month for
example?

2.2- What would be the correct way to contact them -- some email emailing
list or a bug report to the pseudo-package?

I'd gladly accept any other suggestion to try to find out why my package
takes so long to be processed.  Thanks and cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>