Re: RF[CS]: ubiquity (mozilla extension) in Debian

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Gabriele Giacone <1o5g4r8o@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 08:52 AM, Luca Falavigna wrote:
>> Just for the records, Ubuntu has a ubiquity source package already (it's
>> the d-i frontend), so if you're interested in having such package in
>> Ubuntu too, you should consider using a different source name.
>>
> I'm not interested in ubuntu.
> Rename could be even done by ubuntu maintainers, couldn't it?

We try and maintain a symbiotic relationship with Debian. If we fix
something, we send it upstream to help Debian. When Debian fixes
something, we benefit.

If we spent all our time renaming packages in Debian, we would have
forked packages and a whole lot of mess.

After all, you'd accept a patch from an Ubuntu hacker, right? Why
treat Ubuntu so poorly? Be nice, please :)

Honestly, since this is a minor package, and ubiquity is the Ubuntu
installer, and this is a minor plugin, someone would most likely
blacklist your package, and it would not be included in Ubuntu.