Re: RF[CS]: ubiquity (mozilla extension) in Debian

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> wrote:
> Il 26/10/2010 17.49, Gabriele Giacone ha scritto:
>> I'd like to keep ubiquity, name chosen by upstream.
>> And it's good because there are no packages named ubiquity in Debian.
>>
>> Derivatives can choose their own package names.
>
> Just to avoid some people complaining, I asked Ubuntu Archive
> Administrators to include "ubiquity" into their sync-blacklist list, so
> Ubuntu package won't be overwritten by accident. This has been just
> accomplished, so it's much safer using "ubiquity" as source name now.

Anyways, wouldn't it be wiser to just rename the source package to
ubiquity-extension for future proofing? Right now having the Ubiquity
installer in Debian doesn't make much sense, but who knows. The
Ubiquity installer actually predates the Mozilla project too. Renaming
packages after they get into Debian is much more work.

Regards,