Re: RF[CS]: ubiquity (mozilla extension) in Debian

Il 26/10/2010 17.49, Gabriele Giacone ha scritto:
> I'd like to keep ubiquity, name chosen by upstream.
> And it's good because there are no packages named ubiquity in Debian.
>
> Derivatives can choose their own package names.

Just to avoid some people complaining, I asked Ubuntu Archive
Administrators to include "ubiquity" into their sync-blacklist list, so
Ubuntu package won't be overwritten by accident. This has been just
accomplished, so it's much safer using "ubiquity" as source name now.

> Sponsors out there, I'm willing to rename source package from ubiquity
> to ubiquity-<yourlogin> for 50$ ;)

Flattr this! :)

> (well, and after this one I've lost another bunch of potential sponsors.
> Probably just ubu-haters remain, which often don't care desktop stuff)

I don't think Ubuntu-friendly DDs could become upset for this. I wanted
to make sure other people's work won't be damaged, though, and now that
this is done I'm definitely happier :)

--

  .''`.
 : :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>