Re: RFS: gtk2-engines-equinox

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 14:33, Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> wrote:
> FWIW, I'm interested in these packages as I'm using self-made packages
> on my systems already. I must admit, though, that packaging them isn't
> what I had in mind. Did you ever contact the GNOME guys on how you could
> proceed more easily? If they like the idea, I won't step in the way.

I did not. I guess, I'm a bit too new for some of this stuff. Anyway,
I've got sponsor whom will upload some of these package. I'm already
working on some other related and I should upload them to mentors.d.n
pretty soon.
Anyway, if you don't want to package them yourself, until they rich
official repositories, you could use my PPA:
http://hadret.rootnode.net

> Regarding your packages: First of, the archive doesn't accept lzma
> (yet), so bzip2 or gzip compression is needed. Then you might check what
> Niels already suggested about equinox-themes, i.e. the use of variables
> in debian/control and the licensing issues.

Yes, I forgot about it -- I'm using lzma everywhere as it's best
compression out there. I will change to bzip2, fix other issues and
re-upload packages (:

> I certainly like seeing your effort here.

Thank you and thanks for your time! (:

--
Hadret | 433E270B | Twitter: @hadret
HDPPA: hadret.rootnode.net