Re: RFS: mn-fit (updated package)

Hello,

On 10/25/2010 09:53 PM, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010, Etienne Millon wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 5.13-8
>> of my package "mn-fit".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> mn-fit     - interactive analysis package for fitting data and histograms
>> mn-fit-common - common files for Mn_Fit
>> mn-fit-dev - libraries and header files for creating a custom Mn_Fit
>> mn-fit-doc - documentation for Mn_Fit
>
> Hi! Some quick feedback:
>
> * Ask the debian-qa list to sponsor you. More info on them at
> http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org
>
> * The Policy document has an "upgrading checklist" built in to it, so
> you will probably be able to figure out what you must do to upgrade.
> Probably, you must do nothing to comply with new policy.
>
> Good luck, and if you don't find a sponsor or other feedback within four
> days, bug us again!

you are leaving me somewhat puzzled. The QA is listed as the current
maintainer, but only to keep doing what has been left by others, so I
tend to understand what the QA is doing. Instead, we should work on
getting Etienne towards a DM status so the questions for sponsoring
will be a thing of the past.

Now that I have replied I am also somewhat caught as a candidate to
sponsor you. However, I feel somewhat overwhelmed with things I need
to do that I dare to forward your RFS to the Debian Science list.

mn-fit is based on the CERNLIB and as such seems like a perfect place
to become associated with Debian Science. Is there anyone sufficiently
close to this package to help out? Etienne, if there is noone contacting
you, then please PM me again and I sponsor you.

Best,

Steffen