Re: Uploading during freeze time

On Saturday, October 23, 2010 08:21:23 you wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:49:41PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> There's no reason Debian freezes must last six months or longer.
>
>Are you serious?

Yes.

>There is nothing in our real life which have no reason to be that way.
>It takes a lot of work.  If Debian freeze lasts six months, there is
>some reason.  If you think and can make it shorter, please join the real
>work.  I love to see it happen.

You are missing my point.

Lack of effort or coordination may be a reason a specific freeze lasts a long
time (> 6 mo., e.g.).  However, there is nothing that forces every freeze last
at least a certain amount of time.  A specific freeze takes just enough time
to get all the issues resolved; how much time that is depends on the efforts
provided by Debian contributors.

I think the release team generally does a good job, and I know many people
within the project focus there efforts on making a high-quality release as
fast as is reasonable.