Re: RFS: faxfrontend

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 08:37:12PM -0400, Tyler Gates wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Hi Tayler!,

> * Package name    : faxfrontend

Some comments about your package:
 + You need to close an ITPi[1], in this case there is one old ITP, you should
 re-open it and close it on you d/changelog (#383195).

 + Use DH_VERBOSE on d/rules is usefully only for debug options, there is a
 reason why to include it on you package?.

 having debian/$(NAME)/etc/sudoers.d/faxfrontend IMHO looks a bit creepy, I do
 not want to have a package on my system that requires a user with a paswordless
 sudoers entry added by default, so far the package include this file commented.

 Also I see that there is a warning for this on postinst configure, it would not
 be better to use debconf here?

 + d/control Standards-Version: 3.8.3 can be updated.

 + debian/patches/ might need some comment regarding what the patch do.

 + there are some more copyright mentioned on the code that the one listed on
 d/copyright:  fax4cups/hylafax.in:# Copyright (C) 2001-2002 Sebastiano Vigna
 <vigna@acm.org>

 + NEWS and TODO files are empty, why they are included on d/docs?
 + You are including also readme.pics/*, but the only file linking those files
   is A-README.html which is not included on your package.

I was also wondering why you are using Architecture: i386, I don't have another
architecture available right now to tests this.

Those are my comments so far, I did not dig more on the package.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Cheers
--
René