Re: RFS: packagekit (ping2)

Hi Matthias,

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:38:59 +0200, Julien Viard de Galbert
> <julien@vdg.blogsite.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 08:09:23PM +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> >> Dear mentors,
> >>
> >> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "packagekit".
> >> This package has been reviewed by Paul Wise and Asheesh Laroia already
> >> and
> >> should be completely free of any policy violations or other problems
> >> regarding packaging.
> > OK, I will save them to answer you within 4 days then ;)
> > Don't take me wrong, I'm not DD so I wont upload, but even if I were, by
> > reading your mail I just don't get what packagekit is, so I guess I'm
> > not the only one ;)

[...] (lots of further info on packagekit)

Well, I am a DD and in principle could sponsor such a package, but I just lack
all the know how needed to properly evaluate gnome-related packages. And, as I
already wrote in another reponse to an RFS some minutes ago, it seems that
nobody else reading the RFS on this list is currently able to do such
sponsoring. Wouldn't it maybe be a good idea to contact the Debian GNOME Team
instead? All the info is available at

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-gnome

Hope this helps,
Michael