Re: Four days

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Michal Čihař wrote:

Lack of interested mentors is indeed an issue. Nobody has unlimited time and chooses what attracts him. For me it usually means things I know and test or which I find interesting after reading RFS email.

It is. At the same time, I think that we can increase the number of DDs who want to sponsor or review packages by asking nicely on debian-devel and making this list more fun to be on.

Well it would be definitely useful having better tracked package reviews and problems found on earlier upload, so that it is clearly visible if there are still some not fixed issues.

That makes sense. We can solve that through some technology, like "REVU" <https://launchpad.net/revu>.

I'm running out of cycles to maintain more technology, so instead I will try to reconfigure the expectations on the mailing list so that mentees know what to expect. So mentees -- if you think you've solved the problems raised on the list, and you think someone should upload it, but no one did -- reply within the thread four days later to say that your expectations have been broken. (-:

Remember: Communicate! (And all, thanks for such an interesting thread.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Q:	What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
A:	A canary with the super-user password.