Re: RFS: nesc

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Luca Bruno <lucab@debian.org> wrote:
> Razvan Musaloiu-E. scrisse:
>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> nesc       - programming language for deeply networked systems
>
> Thanks for working on this.
> I'll take care of it, a complete review will follow in a bunch of days.
>
>> The compiler has been stable for many years and a deb package was
>> traditionally hosted by the Stanford University. This is an attempt
>> to promote it to Debian proper.
>
> I'd still like to thank the authors, so many builds done with it.
> What's unclear from a first glance on your RFS is, are you the original
> packagers of that? If not, can we get them in the loop? The more
> eyeballs, the better :)

Thanks for your quick response. As far as I know, the original
packager is Kevin Klues. I also CCed Philip Levis (the head of the
tinyos-core) and David Gay (the author of nesc). If I missed some
interested parties, please feel free to CC them.

In case it helps, here is a link to the previous packaging:
http://hinrg.cs.jhu.edu/git/?p=razvanm/tinyos-toolchain-packages.git;a=tree;f=sources/nesc-1.3.1

-- Razvan ME