Re: RFS: wmmixer (orphaned package)

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Rodolfo kix Garcia <kix@kix.es> wrote:

> The upload will fix the bug #490739

You should retitle that bug to ITA:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l3
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#retitle

> It updates the packaging to 3.9.1 standard and compatibility 7
>
> The package can be found on http://www.kix.es/src/wmaker/wmmixer/

Here is a review:

At this stage of the release cycle, the changes you have made should
be targeted at experimental instead of unstable.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00000.html

You should document all the changes you've made in debian/changelog.

Your source package contains dpatch cruft, please remove it.

No need to add blank lines to debian/control

With dpkg-source v3 source packages you do not need to build-depend on
quilt or include quilt.make in debian/rules nor have patch/unpatch
targets in debian/rules.

The watch file that you added consists only of comments.

You need to adjust the package priority:

http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=wmmixer

The package fails to build on hurd-i386, looks like the configure

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=wmmixer

The website listed in debian/copyright is now a spam site, please
remove/fix that. The other upstream websites I can find make me think
this is abandoned upstream too. It would be great if you could find
out more, contact upstream and if they are no longer working on it,
take over development of it.

--
bye,
pabs