Re: RFS: sunpinyin - Simplified Chinese Input Method from SUN

Liang Guo wrote:
> Hi, Thomas,
>
> Sorry for not reply until now, and Thank you for your kindly review.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sunpinyin/sunpinyin_2.0.2~git20100627-1.dsc

Your debian/copyright is still lacking of a copyright notice for the
LGPL-2.1.

>> Did you ask the IME Packaging Team if they agree to maintain sunpinyin
>> in Debian? If so, why don't they take the responsibility of uploading,
>> and why do you need sponsoring?
>>
> I've asked IME Packaging Team, and they allowed me to do so.

I saw you request, but then that answers ONE of the TWO questions above.
Can you please answer to the 2nd one as well: if they wish to become
maintainer after the first upload, why don't they do the package review
and sponsoring too? I didn't see you asking if they would like to review
your
package...

>> Replacing the dependency by 0.46.7~ by 0.46-8~bpo50+1 made it work, and
>> should be ok.
>>
> I change debian/control to depends on quilt (>= 0.48-7~), 0.48-7 is  the
> current git version I use.

I still couldn't compile it on Lenny. Please set the dependency to:

quilt (>= 0.46-8~)

which is enough for the patch feature of Quilt.
> I resolved almost all lintian warning except package-contains-empty-directory,
> usr/lib/sunpinyin/data is usually used to store compiled data from open-gram,
> but users can use data from other sources too, so I think this directory
> should belongs to libsunpinyin3.

Now, I can't compile it at all (fail to build). Please check again.

As for this folder, as you will package the data files, you wont need
this folder, because
it will be on the other package! :)

> I'll package open-gram-data, ibus-sunpinyin and xsunpinyin ASAP, After scim-
> sunpinyin offical released, I'll package it too.
>
> Regards,

Cool.

Currently, I can't do much check, because your package doesn't compile,
let me know.

Thomas