Re: RFS: femmes-celebres

Hi,

I think the quotes should be added to fortunes-fr. A seperate package for  ~100
quotes is IMHO not the right way.

A few comments for the sake of feedback and learning (but as explained above I
will not upload the package if you fix these issues).

> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "femmes-celebres".
> >
> > * Package name    : femmes-celebres

I think all fortunes modules start with "fortunes-". Since the quotes are in
French, a better name would be fortunes-femmes-celebres-fr.

> >   Version         : 0.1-1
> >   Upstream Author : TUDURI Benoît
> > * URL             : N/A

missing

> > * License         : [fill in]

missing

> >   Section         : games
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > femmes-celebres - french distinguish french women quotes.

"Distinguished quotes from French women (in French)" ?

> > My motivation for maintaining this package is: To have some women
> > favorite quote. It's a pleasant stuff to learn a quote.

Can you please contact the fortunes-fr maintainer and ask him to include your
quotes?

Moreover, the debian/ directory still contains lots of the template texts,
comments that do not apply for your package, etc. Please clean that up.

Lintian thinks the version is an NMU. Not sure why, maybe because you use
different email adresses in changelog and control.

There are also the following warnings/errors (partly mentioned already above).
Please see the lintian documentation for their meaning.

W: femmes-celebres source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends femmes-celebres
W: femmes-celebres source: binary-arch-rules-but-pkg-is-arch-indep
W: femmes-celebres source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.1 (current is 3.8.4)
W: femmes-celebres: possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description
E: femmes-celebres: helper-templates-in-copyright
W: femmes-celebres: copyright-has-url-from-dh_make-boilerplate
E: femmes-celebres: copyright-contains-dh_make-todo-boilerplate
W: femmes-celebres: readme-debian-contains-debmake-template
W: femmes-celebres: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
W: femmes-celebres: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn

Joachim