Re: RFS: django-auth-ldap

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 08:19:10PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 07:39:09PM +0200, Fladischer Michael wrote:
[actually, Christoph Egger wrote...]
> > >  * I've found it quite good to have package + packaging under the same
> > >    license. Of course that's totally up to your preference

[...and Fladischer Michael replied...]
> > What would be the benefit of having the same license? Integration of
> > Debian packaging in upstream?
>
> 	Well your package may at some point in time accumulate patches
> that are part of your packaging but may well be of interest to
> upstream.

Also for third parties who would like to use a BSD-licensed package
and actually *like* some of your patches - they, too, might be
happier if the patches are under the same license as the upstream code.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Key fingerprint	2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13