Re: Status of SIGAR (Was: InVesalius packaging)

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:11:09AM -0300, Tatiana Al-Chueyr wrote:
> Until now, we haven't had advances on SIGAR packaging [1].
>
> How should we proceed?

I had a (quick) look at Thiagos packaging[2] and while the package
builds somehow there are several lintian warnings.  If you try

  lintian -i *.dsc *.deb

you get explanations and several of these are relatively easy to
fix.  An absolute no go is the missing copyright information which
definitely needs fixing.  Please try to work down the list of
lintian problems and feel free to ask for any help if something
remains unclear.

BTW, it might make sense to join a packaging team on alioth
(python-modules-team ??) and use their SVN for the packaging stuff.
This enables potential helpers for packaging to commit changes
easily.

Hope this helps for the moment

        Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/03/msg00324.html