Re: RFS: tacacs+

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 11:08:37PM +0100, Tourneur Henry-Nicolas wrote:
> * License         : No license, only a copyright file
If there was no license, then you couldn't distribute it.  The license
is what is in the COPYING file which is very MIT-like. I'm pretty sure
it's ok.

> The package is almost lintian clean, only one small warning about some patches
> issue but I don't fully understand the tag description, could you help me ?
I get 4 lintian messages.

W: tacacs+ source: patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff users_guide
W: tacacs+ source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.7.3 (current is
3.8.4)
E: tacacs+: duplicate-updaterc.d-calls-in-postinst tacacs_plus
E: tacacs+: duplicate-updaterc.d-calls-in-postrm tacacs_plus

#1 - You are using dpatch patch system, but you have difference in your
source files that are not in dpatch. It looks like you are not deleting
generated files, such as users_guide and the debhelper log files.

#2 - change the standards line to 3.8.4 in debian/control.
#3 and #4 are the same thing - You have duplicated the automatically
added sections. Delete debian/postinst, debian/prerm as they are fully
autocally added files.
For debian/postrm just get the purge entry to delete your log directory.

> About the license, I guess we should check that everything is fine but what the
> copyright file mainly says is that we are free to copy/use/modify/distribute
> the source as we like so that looks fine it think :)
The copyright (ie who wrote it) has changed a bit, but the license (ie
how you use it) has not. It would be nice to have that confirmed.

Also your single dbpatch has an author of <root@>, you probably want to
fix that.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au