Re: Packaging a library -- looking for documentation

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Thomas Weber
<thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to not screw up too badly, I'm looking for documentation on
> developing/packaging libraries (both from a developer's view and a
> maintainer's view).

libpkg-guide is the only public one I know of. dato was writing
something but it never got released AFAICT.

> I know about the "Debian Library Packaging Guide", but #493951 indicates
> that there should be something 'better' (for whatever definition of
> better).

Most of the recommendations in libpkg-guide are good. #493951 is about
libfooABI-dev vs libfoo-dev, the latter is to be preferred for various
reasons. As long as you are aware of that and #501878 you should be
fine.

--
bye,
pabs