RFS: 20 debian packages that needs attention and sponsoring help!

Hi there!

I'm currently in the process of being a DD, but in the mean while, I am
still in the need for sponsorship.

My usual sponsor, "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> that is
Cc: to this message, is currently busy, and can't follow all the new
packaging work that I did. He wrote to me he will try to find time to
check libjs-extjs, libjs-edit-area and php-http-webdav-server next week
though, but if you can help for them as well, that'd be great.

My AM, Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de>, also wont have
enough time for all the packages I wish to have checked and uploaded.

I did a lot of new packages, and updated nearly all the one that I
maintain. I will try to list them all with as much details as possible.

The first list of packages are for having php support for captcha. I
needed it for my own website, so I made the packaging of
php-text-captcha and all its dependencies. It consists of few php-*
packages: php-image-text, php-numbers-words, php-text-captcha,
php-text-figlet, php-text-password.

Here's the details of each of them:

* Package name    : php-image-text
  Version         : 0.6.0beta
  Upstream Author : Stoyan Stefanov & Tobias Schlitt <toby@php.net>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/Image_Text
* License         : php 3.01
  Section         : web

 a PEAR module to do advanced text maipulations in images

 Image_Text provides a comfortable interface to text manipulations in GD
images. Beside common Freetype2 functionality it offers to handle texts
in a graphic- or office-tool like way. For example it allows alignment
texts inside a text box, rotation (around the top left corner of a text
box or it's center point) and the automatic measurizement of the optimal
font size for a given text box.

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-image-text/php-image-text_0.6.0beta-1.dsc

* Package name    : php-numbers-words
  Version         : 0.16.1
  Upstream Author : Marcelo Subtil Marcal <marcelo@smarcal.com>,
Hadar Porat, Igor Feghali <ifeghali@php.net>, Kouber Saparev
<kouber@php.net>, Piotr Klaban <makler@man.torun.pl>, Xavier Noguer
<xnoguer.php@gmail.com>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/Numbers_Words
* License         : php 3.01
  Section         : web

a PEAR module providing methods for spelling numerals in words

With Numbers_Words class you can convert numbers written in arabic
digits to words in several languages. You can convert an integer between
-infinity and infinity. If your system does not support such long
numbers you can call Numbers_Words::toWords() with just a string.
 .
With the Numbers_Words::toCurrency($num, $locale, 'USD') method you can
convert a number (decimal and fraction part) to words with currency name.

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-numbers-words/php-numbers-words_0.16.1-1.dsc

* Package name    : php-text-captcha
  Version         : 0.4.0
  Upstream Author : Christian Wenz <wenz@php.net>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/Text_CAPTCHA
* License         : BSD
  Section         : web

a PEAR module for generating CAPTCHAs

Implementation of CAPTCHAs (completely automated public Turing test to
tell computers and humans apart) in a nice easy to use PHP class, so
that you can include the test in your web site or web application.

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-text-captcha/php-text-captcha_0.4.0-1.dsc

* Package name    : php-text-figlet
  Version         : 1.0.1
  Upstream Author : Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>, Evgeny Stepanischev
<se@lixil.ru>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/Text_Figlet
* License         : BSD
  Section         : web

a PEAR module for rendering text using FIGlet fonts

The Text_Figlet is an engine for using FIGlet fonts to rendering text.

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-text-figlet/php-text-figlet_1.0.1-1.dsc

* Package name    : php-text-password
  Version         : 1.1.1
  Upstream Author : Martin Jansen <mj@php.net>, Olivier Vanhoucke
<olivier.vanhoucke@gmail.com>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/Text_Password
* License         : PHP 3.01
  Section         : web

a PEAR module for creating passwords with PHP

Text_Password allows one to create pronounceable and unpronounceable
passwords. The full functional range is explained in the manual at
http://pear.php.net/manual/.

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-text-password/php-text-password_1.1.1-1.dsc

Then, I did the packaging of eXtplorer. It took a quite long time to
build, together with the help of the upstream author, to be able to
remove all the embedded libraries, and have them packaged separately. I
believe these are quite important, as this would be the first web file
manager integrated into Debian. eXtplorer is widely used and I believe
well maintained. Here's the list of package that are needing sponsor so
that eXtplorer reaches Debian: libjs-edit-area, libjs-extjs,
php-http-webdav-server, php-services-json. Here's the details of each
individual package:

* Package name    : libjs-extjs
  Version         : 3.0.3
  Upstream Author : Ext JS, LLC <licensing@extjs.com>
* URL             : http://www.extjs.com/
* License         : GPL-3
  Section         : web

This jscript lib is really good, have a look to the website, it's
impressive. ;)

a cross-browser JavaScript library

 A cross-browser JavaScript library for building rich internet applications.

The Ext JS library is widely use in numerous web applications. It
includes: high performance, customizable UI widgets, well designed and
extensible. Component model, qn intuitive, easy to use API, Commercial
and Open Source licenses available.  Ext JS supports all major web
browsers including: Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox 1.5+ (PC, Mac), Safari
3+, Opera 9+ (PC, Mac).

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/l/libjs-extjs/libjs-extjs_3.0.3-1.dsc

* Package name    : libjs-edit-area
  Version         : 0.8.1.1-1
  Upstream Author : Christophe Dolivet
http://www.cdolivet.com/index.php?page=Contact
* URL             : http://www.cdolivet.com/index.php?page=editArea
* License         : GPL-3, Apache-2 or BSD
  Section         : web

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/l/libjs-edit-area/libjs-edit-area_0.8.1.1-1.dsc

* Package name    : php-http-webdav-server
  Version         : 1.0.0RC4
  Upstream Author : Hartmut Holzgraefe <hholzgra@php.net>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_WebDAV_Server
* License         : PHP 3.01
  Section         : web

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-http-webdav-server/php-http-webdav-server_1.0.0RC4-1.dsc

* Package name    : php-services-json
  Version         : 1.0.1
  Upstream Author : Alan Knowles <alan@akbkhome.com>, Michal Migurski
<mike-pear@teczno.com>
* URL             : http://pear.php.net/package/Services_JSON
* License         : BSD
  Section         : web

a free javascript editor for source code

Edit-area is a free javascript editor for source code that is easy to
integrate, has only one script include and one function call. It
supports tabulation (allow to write well formated source code), has
customizable real-time syntax highlighting (currently: PHP, CSS,
Javascript, Python, HTML, XML, VB, C, CPP, SQL, Pascal, Basic,
Brainf*ck, and probably more...), word-wrap support, search and replace
(with regexp), auto-indenting new lines, line numerotation,
multilanguage support (currently: Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch,
English, Esperanto, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian,
Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, and probably more...), has
the possibility to use PHP gzip compression (compress the 12 core files
to one file of ~30Ko), allows multiple instances, has a full screen
mode, possible plugin integration, possible save and load callback
functions, possible dynamic content management, can work in the same
environment than prototype and mootools's like libraries.

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-services-json/php-services-json_1.0.1-1.dsc

I also need to have the package that I maintain being upgraded, in order
to fix the issues with them, or to package a newer upstream release.
Because that's too much information to collect, I'll only describe what
the packages are. If you need a full description, let me know, and I'll
happily give them. However, you can easily check each individual (long)
description, as they are in Lenny already (except automysqlbackup, but
with this one, only the name is enough to know what it does... :P ).

automysqlbackup: automatic daily, weekly, etc. backups of all of your
MySQL database
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/a/automysqlbackup/automysqlbackup_2.5-6.dsc

dtc: web hosting control panel
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/d/dtc/dtc_0.30.17-1.dsc

tumgreyspf: spf and greylisting tool working with postfix. Important
maintainer update here!!!
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/t/tumgreyspf/tumgreyspf_1.35-3.dsc

Updates to nearly all of my php-* packages already in the archive,
fixing bugs in the BTS, packaging new versions, doing package cleaning
job so it's again lintian clean:
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-compat/php-compat_1.6.0a2-1.dsc
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-crypt-cbc/php-crypt-cbc_1.0.0-1.dsc
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-event-dispatcher/php-event-dispatcher_1.1.0-1.dsc
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-html-common/php-html-common_1.2.5-1.dsc
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-http-upload/php-http-upload_1.0.0b1-2.dsc
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-net-ping/php-net-ping_2.4.5-1.dsc
http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/p/php-net-portscan/php-net-portscan_1.0.3-1.dsc

All of the above packages are lintian clean.

I perfectly understand that not only ONE person can do the checking of
all of these packages (as this would be a big work), so if you can
sponsor the upload of just only one package, that's already a lot of help.

I spent hours doing all this, I'd appreciate a bit of attention too,
otherwise, this is just wasted! :)

Also, as for all of the above php-* packages, I intend to have them sent
to Alioth Git, and co-maintained with the help of the pkg-php team. I
already know how to do this (I'll create a debian and an upstream
branch). I just didn't have time yet to do it. But anyway, I still need
sponsoring for them, even if I start using Git and work with the pkg-php
team...

Thanks already if you read this, thanks in advance if you help me with
my sponsoring needs for any of the above,

Thomas