Re: RFS: protoaculous

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:35:48 +0100 Patrick Matthäi wrote:

> Michael Gilbert schrieb:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "protoaculous".
> >
> > * Package name    : protoaculous
> >   Version         : 1
> >   Section         : utils
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > libjs-protoaculous - A compressed library containing both prototype and scriptaculous
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 562990
> >
> > My motivation for maintaining this package is: many packages embed
> > protoaculous, which is poor practice from a security perspective.
> > This package will will provide a system version of protoaculous.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/protoaculous/protoaculous_1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Hi,
>
> are you realy sure, that this package is sane?
> There is no real source and it looks like you are merging the source
> from some third party packages in one file?

correct.  there really is no upstream (except for an already packed file
hosted on a google site).  the sources are merged and compressed, which
is the advantage of protoaculous.

> Also the package FTBFS, because of the missing yui-compressor BD and
> your patch management is broken.

i am working with the java team to get the yui-compressor package into
a more sane form.  i already got some good feedback on that.

mike