Re: RFS: poco (updated package)

Patrick Roland Gansterer writes:
> Dear mentors,

Hi,

I'm still waiting for an answer to this:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/12/msg00300.html

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.3.6-1
> of package "poco" and "poco-doc".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libpoco-dev - Development files for POCO - The C++ Portable Components
> libpococrypto9 - The C++ Portable Components Crypto library
> libpococrypto9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Crypto library, debug
>  version libpocodata9 - The C++ Portable Components Data library
> libpocodata9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Data library, debug version
> libpocofoundation9 - The C++ Portable Components Foundation library
> libpocofoundation9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Foundation library,
>  debug version
> libpocomysql9 - The C++ Portable Components MySQL library
> libpocomysql9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components MySQL library, debug
>  version libpoconet9 - The C++ Portable Components Network library
> libpoconet9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Network library, debug
>  version libpoconetssl9 - The C++ Portable Components Network library with
>  SSL libpoconetssl9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Network library with
>  SSL, dbg version
> libpocoodbc9 - The C++ Portable Components ODBC library
> libpocoodbc9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components ODBC library, debug version
> libpocosqlite9 - The C++ Portable Components SQLite library
> libpocosqlite9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components SQLite library, debug
>  version libpocoutil9 - The C++ Portable Components Util library
> libpocoutil9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Util library, debug version
> libpocoxml9 - The C++ Portable Components XML library
> libpocoxml9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components XML library, debug version
> libpocozip9 - The C++ Portable Components Zip library
> libpocozip9-dbg - The C++ Portable Components Zip library, debug version
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 545854, 548113, 560936

Thanks for taking care of these.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/poco/poco_1.3.6-1.dsc

Sorry, it took some time to have a look at that.

You are violating what is allowed in policy wrt Maintainer: field [1]. As a
result, that confuses lintian believing your upload is meant to be NMU which
is given an incorrect version. (Several) co-maintainer must be listed in
Uploaders:, Maintainer's value is a `single item' filed. Is the original
maintainer (CC'ed) aware of you being a co-maintainer?

W: poco source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
W: poco source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 1.3.6-1

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-
Maintainer

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>