RFS: xbmc

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xbmc".

* Package name    : xbmc
  Version         : 1:9.11~svn25756.rc1~deb1-1
  Main Contact: "Team-XBMC" <team at xbmc dot org>
  Upstream Author(s) : Andreas Setterlind [Gamester17]
                             Staffan Lindberg [pike]
                             Arne Morten Kvarving [cptspiff]
                             Anoop Menon [d4rk]
                             Joakim Plate [elupus]
                             Jonathan Marshall [jmarshall]
                            Tobias Arrskog [Topfs2]
                            Roee Vulkan [vulkanr]
                            Winfried Soltys [WiSo]
                            Yuval Tal [yuvalt]
                            John W Vanderbeck [agathorn]
                           Trent Nelson [AlTheKiller]
                           Andres Mejia [ceros]
                           Gunnar Norin [blittan]
                           Dean Ross Parry [C-Quel]
                           Sylvain Rebaud [c0diq]
                           Martin van Beurden [chadoe]
                           Scott Davilla [davilla]
                           Stephan Diederich [MaestroDD]
                           Benjamin Bertrand [Beenje]
                           Benjamin Dickgiesser [DonJ]
                           [GeminiServer]
                           Christian Granqvist [Granqvist]
                           Dave [kraqh3d]
                           Luigi Capriotti [l.capriotti]
                           Sean [malloc]
                           Kyle Hill [monkeyman]
                           [MrC]
                           [nad]
                           [nuka1195]
                           Vincent Blackwell-Price [Voinage]
                           Robert Parris [rwparris2]
                           Sigurdur H. Olafsson [sho]
                           Alasdair Campbell [Alcoheca]
                           Georgy Yunaev [oldnemesis]
                           Chris [phi2039]
                           Bob [bobo1on1]
                           David Allonby [motd2k]
                           Robert Rudd [Rudd]
                           Eric G [Tslayer]
                           Amund Scharning [tut-ankh-amon]
                           Matthias Kortstiege [VDRfan]
                           Daniel Mehrwald [AreaScout]
                           Oumar Aziz Outtara [wattazoum]
                           Chris Haley [CHI3f]
                           [Jezz_X]
                           [Smokehead]
                           Darren [Bizzeh]
                           Marc [Bobbin007]
                           Richard [Butcher]
                           Jan-Willem [Darkie]
                          Chris Branson [forza]
                          [Kreet]
                          [Ysbox]
                          Erwin Beckers [Frodo]
                          Albert Griscti-Soler [RUNTiME]
                          Phil Burr [d7o3g4q] (a.k.a. Duo Egaq)
                          Mathias Mahling [chokemaniac]
* URL             : xbmc.org
* License         : GPL-2+
  Section         : non-free/video (because of certain third party code with
                       non-DFSG clauses)

It builds these binary packages:
xbmc       - XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)
xbmc-bin   - XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
xbmc-data  - XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
xbmc-dbg   - XBMC Media Center (debug package)
xbmc-eventclients-common - XBMC Media Center (Event Client Common package)
xbmc-eventclients-dev - XBMC Media Center (Event Client Dev package)
xbmc-eventclients-j2me - XBMC Media Center (Event Client J2ME package)
xbmc-eventclients-ps3 - XBMC Media Center (Event Client PS3 package)
xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote - XBMC Media Center (Event Client WII Remote support package)
xbmc-eventclients-xbmc-send - XBMC Media Center (Event Client XBMC-SEND package)
xbmc-live  - XBMC Media Center (XBMC Live package)
xbmc-scripts-example - XBMC Media Center (example scripts)
xbmc-skin-confluence - XBMC Media Center (Confluence skin)
xbmc-skin-pm3-hd - XBMC Media Center (PM3 HD skin)
xbmc-standalone - XBMC Media Center (standalone program)
xbmc-web-iphone-tlrobinson - XBMC Media Center (Iphone web skin)
xbmc-web-pm - XBMC Media Center (Project Mahem web skin)
xbmc-web-pm3 - XBMC Media Center (Project Mahem III web skin)

The upload would fix these bugs: 469397

My motivation for maintaining this package is: I'm one of the XBMC developers.
I help maintain the packages in the Launchpad PPAs. I would like to see xbmc
packages distributed through Debian and ultimately through Ubuntu.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/x/xbmc/xbmc_9.11~svn25756.rc1~deb1-1.dsc

A couple of things I would like to mention now.

This package has been reviewed before. You can find the review (as well as my
response) by looking through the ITP bug log.

This is the same package that was found in the git repo of the Debian
Multimedia team. It's been suggested by one of the DD's of the team to move
the package to collab-maint, since I was the only one within the team
supporting the package.

XBMC is licensed under the GPL-2+. There are various third party code and
libraries used as well, documented in the copyright file. There are also various
files and third party code used with licenses that have non-DFSG clauses.
None of the licenses makes XBMC undistributable however, which is why the
xbmc packages are being placed in non-free. Work is being done to resolve
these licensing issues. See [1] for more details.

The 'DM-Upload-Allowed: yes' field is set. I am a DM and also one of the
upstream devs for XBMC. I would like to keep this field set so that I may be
able to upload this package myself. If any potential sponsor absolutely has a
problem with this, I would be willing to unset it (or have it unset), of course
after some negotiation.

The package also appears to be piuparts clean, although some dependencies
of xbmc is causing the piuparts test to fail. Relevant log message.

1m56.5s DEBUG: Starting command: ['lsof', '-w', '+D', '/tmp/tmpSo4Kyw']
1m58.0s DEBUG: Command failed (status=1), but ignoring error: ['lsof', '-w', '+D', '/tmp/tmpSo4Kyw']
1m59.6s ERROR: FAIL: Broken symlinks:
  /etc/fonts/conf.d/30-defoma.conf -> /var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/fonts.conf
  /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/python-support.pth -> ../../pymodules/python2.4/.path
  /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python-support.pth -> ../../pymodules/python2.6/.path
  /usr/share/doc/python-apt/html/_static/jquery.js -> ../../../../javascript/jquery/jquery.js
1m59.6s DEBUG: Starting command: ['chroot', '/tmp/tmpSo4Kyw', 'umount', '/proc']
1m59.6s DEBUG: Command ok: ['chroot', '/tmp/tmpSo4Kyw', 'umount', '/proc']
2m0.9s DEBUG: Removed directory tree at /tmp/tmpSo4Kyw

Packages causing this are 'fontconfig', 'python-support', and 'python-apt'.

1. http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7983

--
Regards,
Andres