Re: keynav: Contains convenience copy of xdotool (was: RFS: keynav)

[Adding xdotool maintainer to CC.]

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 10:11:37PM +0800, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:
> Upstream author has released xdotool 20091208 to provide libxdo.so.
> (#560176: xdotool: Please provide libxdo.so and header files)
> (#560103 fix blocked by #560176)
> (#560103 keynav: Contains convenience copy of xdotool)
>
> keynav 20091208.01 could be built with or without libxdo.so.

Cool, that's a very responsive upstream. :)

xdotool will probably need to add some new binary packages for the
library and the -dev package, so the next upload might have to go
through the NEW queue.

All the details will be in the library packaging guide:
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

I would suggest you work with Daniel to get an updated xdotool
package.

> The updated package can be found on mentors.debian.net:

Once the new xdotool library is in the archive, you need to modify
your package to Build-Depend on the new -dev package.

I think it's worth waiting until this is done before uploading a new
keynav version; what do you think?

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>