Re: RFS: pidgin-skype

Am Dienstag, den 03.11.2009, 02:07 +0100 schrieb Gabriele Giacone:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pidgin-skype".
>
> * Package name    : pidgin-skype
>   Version         : 0.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Eion Robb <eionrobb@gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://eion.robbmob.com/
> * License         : GPLv3
>   Section         : contrib/net
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> pidgin-skype - Skype plugin for Pidgin
>
> This is the Skype API Plugin for Pidgin/libpurple/Adium. If you're
> already running Skype, you can have your Skype contacts displayed with
> your Pidgin/libpurple/Adium contacts. It is intended as a complete
> replacement for the Skype user interface, hopefully everything you can
> do in Skype you can do with this plugin.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/p/pidgin-skype/pidgin-skype_0.1-1.dsc

Some random notes, without any intent to sponsor this package:

 * According to the website, the icons are non-free (CC-BY-NC-SA),
   and should thus be removed from the tarball. If they are now
   actually licensed under GPL, they still miss the source I
   guess (as there are only pngs).
 * debian/README.* are templates and should be removed.
 * debian/copyright could use the DEP-5 format, i.e.
   dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
 * You should probably not depend on pidgin, I guess the plugin
   is also useable from finch (the console version).

I haven't build the package as I was just a bit bored and took a look at
the source. I did not even run lintian.

--
Julian Andres Klode - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.