Re: RFS: libsockets++
El 2009-08-10, Leinier Cruz Salfran escribio:
> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libsockets++".
> * Package name : libsockets++
> Version : 2.3.5
> Upstream Author : email@example.com
> * URL : http://www.alhem.net/Sockets/
> * License : GPL
> Section : libs
> It builds these binary packages:
> libsockets++ - C++ sockets class library
> libsockets++-dev - C++ sockets class library - development files
I haven't built this lib but at a quick glance:
- The package (most likely) should be non-native, and yours is a native.
- Try to improve the copyright file.
- It misses the license, also if the lib license is the GPL v1, you
should provide the full license since it isn't available anymore in
/usr/share/common-licenses/, note the GPL symlink points to the v3.
- the line with the copyright author isn't well formatted.
- the upstream author is incomplete
Take a look at this thread, which may be useful.
- Update the standards-version
- since you're using debhelper 7, there's no need to use 'dh_clean -k' in
debian/rules, use 'dh_prep' instead.
Perhaps i'm missing something more, but i'll leave it to you
(and lintian, hint.)
JID: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://lusers.com.ar/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1