Re: RFS: magicfilter (updated package)

Hi, Russ.

On Aug 02 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> writes:
>
> > |    * Fix "magicfilter dj550c truncates with dj670c (sometimes)":
> > |      no problems printing the attached file and marked unreproducible for
> > |      almost 7 years. (Closes: #33666)
> > |    * magicfilter works fine with Linux >= 2.6. (Closes: #250715)
>
> Did something change about the magicfilter package in this new release
> that fixes these two bugs?  If not, they don't belong in debian/changelog.

I get your point here (and I fixed them in the package and already
closed them in the BTS and I agree with the rationale behind them).

I have one off-topic comment: I've seen some well known maintainers do
some things without the rigor that mentors apply to prospective
maintainers.

Wouldn't it be the case to require said maintainers to shape up their
skills so that their packages improve and, as a side effect, the quality
of the overall distribution increases?

Anyway, back to my package in question, the sources are again fixed at
mentors.d.n, which can be found at:

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/magicfilter/magicfilter_1.2-62.dsc

Thanks for your advice,