Re: RFS: sphinxsearch

Jérémy Lal wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>> I'm not a mentor or DD, but you can:
>>> 1. Write man pages yourself - pick template from
>>> /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debian/manpage.1.ex
>>> 2. Open an ITP bug for sphinxsearch yourself - just file a bug (using
>>> reportbug tool) against wnpp package.
>>>
>>> My 2 cents :)
>>
>> I now have an ITP bug resolved and manpages. This package is now lintian
>> clean according to lintian :)
> i just had a quick look at it (as a novice), as i'm willing to use it :
> - usr/sbin is listed in debian/dirs but not really used ?
> - watch file is missing
> - /usr/share/doc/sphinxsearch should contain the doc provided by sphinx
> source tarball, such doc should be properly registered using doc-base
> and docs file.
> - provide a README in the /usr/share/doc/sphinxsearch so that once the
> package is installed, one knows what's left to do to get it working

Thanks for your suggestions Jérémy. I've added the docs from the source
package, and added a README.Debian file in with some additional
instructions.

As regards the watch file, this is correct. Currently the download site
gives a 403 Forbidden on the downloads directory:
www.sphinxsearch.com/downloads and I've reported this as a bug to
upstream. When this is made available, I'll add the watch file, but for
now this is useless.

New upload in place on mdn.

Tom