Re: Lintian question

Charlie Smotherman <cjsmo@cableone.net> writes:

> The file that lintian is complaining about is
>
> usr/share/ampache/www/modules/getid3/module.archive.gzip.php
>
> As you can see the file clearly does not end with .gz but instead it
> ends in php.  This file is not compressed with gzip but instead adds
> gzip functionality to the app.

It's a bug in Lintian (already reported, will be fixed in the next
release).

> Would an override of this Lintian warning be appropriate?

We (the Lintian developers) would rather you not add overrides for
Lintian bugs, since you'll just have to remove the override again and in
some cases it can hide other problems that are real.  We in turn try to
fix bugs quickly, although I've been swamped lately so the pace of
releases has dropped.