Re: RFS: lynis (updated package)

El vie, 10-04-2009 a las 10:35 -0300, Rogério Brito escribió:
> Hi, Francisco.

Hi,

> On Apr 10 2009, Francisco M. García Claramonte wrote:
> >  Lynis is an auditing tool for Unix. It scans the system
> >  configuration and creates an overview of system information
> >  and security issues usable by professional auditors.
> >  It can assist in automated audits.
> >  .
> >  Lynis can be used in addition to other software, like security
> >  scanners, system benchmarking and fine-tuning tools.
>
> How is Lynis different from, say, tiger? What does it offer that the
> system administrator should consider? How does it compare to tiger?

Lynis may have some common points with tiger and some other tools.
Althouh Tiger is a more complex security tool, Lynis performs a more
general tests, checking package manager systems, data bases servers,
and others.
According to long description Lynis can be used in addition to other
software.

> I guess that those questions should be, in some way, addressed in the
> long description.

Well, thanks for your suggestions, I'll review it for next release.

Regards,
Francisco.

--
Francisco M. García Claramonte <franciscomanuel.garcia@hispalinux.es>