Re: RFS: magicfilter (QA update of the package)

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:23:37PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> The package magicfilter, a print filter for spoolers like lpr/lprng/etc,
> in Debian had some issues (dependencies on nonexistent packages)
> since it had not been updated in the last 3 years (according to the
> changelog, its last updated was in 2006).
>
> Since I use the package regularly and care about it, I would love to see
> it uploaded to Debian and I plan on taking care of it (it is currently
> RFA'ed, as said in Bug #176737).
>
> I am, thus, looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.2-60.1 of
> magicfilter.
>
> Here is the relevant part of the changelog:
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>  magicfilter (1.2-60.1) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Non-maintainer upload.

If you're planning on adopting the package and becoming the new maintainer,
then it's not a non-maintainer upload, it's a "new maintainer upload".  You
can also close the RFA bug.

Beyond that, not knowing anything about the package or it's surrounding use
cases, I'm probably not the best person to review it, but if you haven't had
an upload from someone else by mid next week, ping me and I'll
review/upload.

Thanks for taking care of an aging package, too...

- Matt