Re: make user's home automatically

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 08:09:28AM +0100, Anthony wrote:

> |> I can't say I'm an expert at ldap, but couldn't you just softlink /home
> |> to /export/home? I hope I'm not answering the wrong question...
>
> I can't do that.
>
> because others directories are mounted in the users' home  with the autofs process.
>  I use a multimount point (automount) so i can i have in one home, others directories,wich in fact are on centralized nfs servers.

I thought the whole point of automount was to, you know, mount things
automatically.  If you need the directory to mount it on to be created
(although, to me, that would be automounter's job too), then you could use
pam_mkhomedir to do just that bit.

Meanwhile, this is pretty off-topic for debian-mentors, so I'd appreciate it
if you could pop down the hall to debian-user, which is the perfect place
for this discussion.

- Matt