Re: RFS: arping (updated package)
On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:58, Sandro Tosi <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 13:52, Giuseppe Iuculano <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.08-1
>> of my package "arping".
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> I'm going to review your package.
Nice work, uploaded!
Just some notes, not too big to stop the upload, but worth for a fix
in a new release:
* description: maybe describe really briefly what ARP and ICMP are
(just to give a clue to curious users what it's all about), eventually
grab some phrases from upstream webpage
* orig tarball: instruct upstream to remove .gitignore in dist target?
* README.Debian: wrap at 80 column, indent the commands (cp...) to be clearer
ifeq (,$(findstring nostrip,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
INSTALL_FLAGS += -s
- am I wrong, or this add "-s" to install (that will strip debug
symbols & co) when DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS contains "nostrip"? if so, then
it's the opposite of what you want :) [it might be un-used, hence
- you're not doing any business in configure, thus remove it (And
all its hanging children)
- clean, you can merge "rm -f ..." with dh_clean (they do the same thing)
* did you forward patches upstream? hope so, if not then please do it now
Keep work this way! And thanks for your contribution to Debian.
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, Morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi