Re: Bug#465937: ITA: debpool -- pool-based Debian package archiver
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 22:57, Andres Mejia <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2008 04:05:37 pm Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
> My name is Andres. :) Andreas is someone else in the team.
Argh!! I'm really sorry about that!
>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 21:04, Andres Mejia <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > Have been waiting on a sponsor for a while now.
>> but you uploaded to mentors only today :)
> OK you got me. Actually, I've had debpool uploaded to mentors but later pulled
> it to fix some issues and just didn't go around to putting it back in mentors
> again til' now.
Here is my report:
- line 49, fashion (typo); maybe give a run if spellcheck in the
rest of the changelog entry :)
- "+ Removed 'binary-arch' target in debian/rules to silence new
lintian warning.": well, the target is still there, but it's empty (as
it should be) so please adjust this entry (just for clarity)
- "+ Added Joel Aelwyn in Uploaders field." but it's not in debian/control
- "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes", don't take this too bad, but this field
is usually added but your usual sponsor, so please remove it (for now)
- "Process incoming packages using Inotify (requires
liblinux-inotify2-perl)" but liblinux-inotify2-perl it's in Depends
(so always installed) so why mention it in the description (I can
understand for the others, though)?
- bump versioned depends on debhlper (as lintian suggests; do you
run lintian, right?)
- personally I'd add "Build-Depends-Indep: perl" to control, even if
perl if "Build-Essential: yes"
- if you're using http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat
then I think it's missing (at least) "Format-Specification:" field
- $ grep 2004 bin/debpool
# Copyright 2003-2004 Joel Baker. All rights reserved.
but it's not in debian/copyright file; please fix this
* not a problem, just a notice: since you have only one binary
package, you can remove the package name from debhelper support
filename, like in "debpool.docs" it might be only "docs"
- 1.: what about adding a \ at the end of first command line, so
even pasting from the doc directly will lead to a correct command?
- 1. and 2.: in the first example you don't say that you need root
account to create a new system user, and in the second you use "sudo"
that might not be set-up to execute all command for the current user;
I'd uniform those example to a safer bet: use root (?)
- "3. Create a logfile directory for debpool" is /var/log/debpool a
directory or a logfile? because "sudo touch" will create a file...
- "4. Edit /etc/debpool/Config.pm" is this editable by debpool
users? how is it supposed to setup a local repo and have his own
- clean target, what about mergin "rm -f ..." call to dh_clean call
(they do the same stuff...)?
- "dh_installexamples examples/*" but
$ cat debian/debpool.examples
* is this upload really targetted to experimental? is there a plan to
upload in unstable anytime soon, or it's a decision you took to leave
the package in exp?
* I'm wondering if "DebPool::Config.5" it's the best name possible for
manpage for config file, maybe something more debpool-friendly, but
I'll leave the decision to you :)
I didn't have time to play for real with the program, but it builds
fine in pbuilder and install without problem; tomorrow I'll play with
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, Morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi