Re: Trying to understand patch management - in combination with version control

Hi Andreas,

Le Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 01:04:36AM +0200, Andreas Schildbach a écrit :

> Now, when I (or a co-maintainer) check out the project from SVN, I get
> (as expected) a nearly empty project directory, containing just the
> debian directory. But, how am I supposed to actually create the patches
> that go into debian/patches? My current understanding is: I
> modify/delete/create a set of files and use something like
> interdiff/debdiff to extract the changeset. But in the case of
> mergeWithUpstream-mode there is no file to modify... Don't tell me I
> have to write patches "by hand" (-:

No, that would be too simple, you have to type them with the feet ;)

More seriously, if you unpack the upstream tarball somewhere and copy
the debian directory from your SVN in the unpacked sources, you can
manage patches with your favorite program (quilt?) and commit them when
they are good enough.

You can refer to the Debian Med group policy (in construction):

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#id295312

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy