Re: License help needed (nvi 1.81.6-3)

Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> writes:

>  a. dist/ltmain.sh is a generated file and so I think it need not
>  be described in debian/copyright separately.  That file says:
>
>     	# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
>     	# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
>     	# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
>     	# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

People generally don't mention the Autotools files in debian/copyright,
but I think that's more a matter of convenience and because they have
well-known and non-problematic licenses.  Since we're distributing them,
to be fully and formally correct, we should probably document the license
status.  (Not that I expect many people to go to the effort, but I do do
so when I have time for my packages.)