Re: Some license issues (Was Re: RFS: unionfs-fuse)

Hello Kapil,

On Thursday 26 June 2008, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> Dear Bernd,
>
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> > Thanks at lot! I modified a bit following the wiki page Richard posted
> > (http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat#head-133d3ff18d9a3119d4
> >8e96f0c8aca4a37391769f). In detail I changed License to "other". From the
> > wiki page it not clear to me if it ok to have the license at the end of
> > the file. All examples there have the license text directly below the
> > "License" field. I also removed the "Authors" field, since it does not
> > exist on the wiki page.
>
> Looks good.
>
> > Fixed now, by rewriting the elfhash function.
>
> That's quick!

one of the advantages when one knows every line of the code :)

> > dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_0.
> >20-3.dsc
> >
> > PS: I didn't try to upload the package for several months, since I was
> > all the time afraid of the formalisms like these.
>
> I hope that this response has been encouraging rather than otherwise.

Well, yes and no ;) For this package all of this is still ok, since the
package is rather small. Your help and efforts are great and very
appreciated, of course!
On the other we (q-leap) also have our own debian ofed packages and actually
we also want to upload these. But compared to unionfs-fuse ofed-1.3 is huge
(38 packages) and I'm really scared of the debian-upload process.

> I have one and a half more nit-picks.
>
>   - The "debian/copyright.in" file no longer has any use and can be
> removed. - You may want to install the CREDITS file in
> /usr/share/doc/unionfs-fuse using dh_installdocs

Thanks for spotting that. Fixed now. I just uploaded another version.
dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_0.20-4.dsc

Thanks again for all your help,
Bernd