Re: dh_clean and explicit package clean lists

"Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Ben Finney
> <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to remove the entire top-level '.be/' directory from
> > the source package, using this feature of 'dh_clean'. However, in
> > the 'debian/clean' file, neither of '.be' nor '.be/*' result in
> > removing that directory from the source package.
>
> Sounds like you are removing it from the diff.gz but want it removed
> from the orig.tar.gz? If so, best ask upstream to not distribute it
> there in the first place.

No, I want it removed from the Debian '*.diff.gz'. It's part of the
upstream source but is akin to VCS data: it should not be present in
the Debian '*.diff.gz'.

--
 \       "I spilled spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone."  -- Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |