Re: RFS: nlkt

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 10:54 +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO En  cette nuit nuageuse  du jeudi 15  mai 2008, vers  00:03, "Eugene
> V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> disait:
>
> >> You  should keep  the changelog  with only  one entry  (Initial release)
> >> since this is a new package for  Debian. You should also file an ITP and
> >> close it.
> > Done.
>
> Your debian version should be 0.3.1.1-1 (not -3) since this is the first
> one for 0.3.1.1 upstream version.

Vincent - just a note, other sponsors have different preferences and it
might be good to not confuse maintainers by prefixing your request with
"IMHO" or "I want".

http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#increment

Uploads to mentors are just as relevant, IMHO, as uploads to Debian and
all the sponsor needs to do (i.e. me) is add -v and -sa options as
appropriate.

Personally, I find it a lot easier to have -3, -4, -5 and more in the
changelog at mentors - it makes it easier for me to use interdiff to
check what the maintainer has actually done between uploads to mentors.

Doesn't mentors disallow old versions anyway? Could 0.3.1.1-1 actually
be re-uploaded?

http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=nlkt

The first version in Debian does not need to be -0 or -1 anyway - as
long as "-v0.3.1.0 -sa" is used.

--

Neil Williams