Re: RFS: figtoipe

On Sunday 11 May 2008, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO En  ce début d'après-midi ensoleillé  du dimanche 11  mai 2008, vers
>
> 15:39, Alexander Bürger <acfbuerger@googlemail.com> disait:
> > Dear mentors,
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "figtoipe".
>
> Hi Alexander!

Hello,

> Fill an ITP when working on a package and close it in your changelog.

FWIW, lintian 1.23.48 claims that the warning for filing a new ITP can be
ignored if the package is a split-off of already existing Debian package. I
can only gues about the reasoning behind, but it might be that the ITP
reporter in the first place had already been mentioned that `program forbar
will also be included'. I'm didn't check if that is the case with ipe's ITP,
though, but in any case yet another ITP would be superfluous.

[1] checks/changelog-file.desc: this is in the warning tagged
`new-package-should-close-itp-bug', Info: "... can be ignored if it is a
split of an existing Debian package".

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB