2nd RFS/RFC vrr: dynamic vector graphics with TeX text

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "vrr".  This is my second
post, essentially unchanged.  Since last time I added icons and a
.desktop file.

* Package name    : vrr
  Version         : 0.9.4-1
  Upstream Author : VRR team <vrr@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
  URL             : http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/projekty/vrr/
  License         : GPL-2+
  Section         : graphics
  Language/Libs	  : C, Scheme, GTK+
  Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-science/vrr/
  Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-science/vrr

It builds these binary packages:
vrr        - vector image editor with TeX support
vrr-doc    - vector image editor with TeX support, documentation

 VRR is a vector image editor designed especially (but not only) for
 making illustrations of mathematical articles. Its main features are
 many types of geometric objects and keeping of their dependencies,
 cooperation with TeX, scripting in Scheme, real-size dimensions,
 support for a wide range of file formats (including PS, EPS, PDF, and
 SVG).

Why should this package be in Debian:

 VRR is somewhat similar to IPE, another drawing package already in
 Debian. Probably they both have advantages and disadvantages; one
 compelling feature of vrr that IPE does not have (as far as I know)
 is certain simple "dynamic geometry" features. You can compute the
 intersection of two b-splines (or line segments), move the control
 points of b-splines, and the intersection point moves.  Compared to
 something like kig, I think it has less powerful construction
 abilities, but has the important advantage that you can enter labels
 in TeX (in particular math). For mathematical diagrams destined for
 publication, this is really crucial.

The package is lintian -i -I clean, and builds in an sid (today) pbuilder.

The upload would fix these bugs: 448633

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vrr/vrr_0.9.4-2.dsc

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me, or for any
comments on the packaging. You can see in debian/TODO, there are some
packaging issues I am aware of. The main ones are

  * currently ld flag --as-needed is used to work around the excessive
  libraries given by pkg-config.
  * there is a fair sized doc package. I want to eventually make this
  a recommends, but since it contains the online help, this requires
  a little gtk+ hacking to pop up a dialog when the doc
  package is not present.

Kind regards
 David Bremner