bits from the DMs/NMs/AMs?

Hi all,

[Please CC me in all replies, or reply only to me]

We've had bits from the DPL[1][2], bits from the release team[3], bits
from the listmasters[4] and bits from other people and groups within
Debian[5][6][7][8][9].

Since new contributors are important for Debian (or any free software
project), I'd like to see a "Bits from the DMs/NMs/AMs" on d-d-a. I also
had the thought of separate emails for debian-private and DAM/FD/AMs.
So, I'm gathering your thoughts for these mails.

If you are in NM, a DM, an AM, just having packages sponsored by DDs or
maybe recently became a DD, I'd love to hear from you.

When replying, tell me anything you want to, but if you can't think of
anything, here are some ideas to get you started:

What cool packages are you working on or sponsoring? Did you buy your AM
a beer at DebConf, or have one bought for you? Are you working on
improving a general area of Debian (games, science, servers, hardware)?
Are you helping interesting people to get through the NM process? Are
you excited about finishing NM? How has the process been so far? What
made you commit to becoming a member of the Debian community or helping
others do so? What do you think about DM, what does the DM change
indicate about Debian to you? What are your plans for Debian stuff in
the future? Do you feel you've learnt from the NM process? What is your
assessment of DM so far, what cool stuff have you done with it? Did your
Debian wishlist for 2007 come true? What is your Debian wishlist for
2008? What does Debian mean to you? In what ways do you or do you intend
to contribute to Debian and free software in general? How can we help
you to contribute to Debian or free software in general?

In your replies, please indicate which parts are for d-d-a, d-p, just
for DAM/FD/AMs. Please also indicate if you would like to remain
anonymous, want your comments attributed to you or don't care either
way. I'll read all public and private replies and make summaries for
d-d-a, d-p and DAM/FD/AMs. Depending on the number of replies and my RL
situation, it might take a while to write up, so please be patient.

I'm unfortunately monolingual, so if you would like to translate this
post and translate replies from NMs/etc to English and send them to me,
please feel free to post it to the non-English mentors/devel lists.

     1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/02/msg00009.html
     2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/11/msg00000.html
     3. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/05/msg00015.html
     4. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/10/msg00004.html