RFS: ifplugd (updated package) -- ITA and multiple bugs fixed

Hi All,

I am looking for a long-term sponsor for version 0.28-5 of ifplugd that
I filed an ITA for.  ifplugd is a configuration daemon for ethernet
devices.  It will configure your ethernet device when a cable is plugged
in and de-configure it if the cable is pulled out.  It is useful on
laptops.

I would be very happy if the sponsor can also be a co-maintainer.  Even
though ifplugd itself is fairly stable (and written by upstream on
Debian), there are quirks in how people want to use it.  I probably do
not have sufficient knowledge to maintain the package as well as I
would've liked to and there are a good number of bugs that could do with
an extra pair of eyes, hence the request for a co-maintainer (However a
long-term sponsor is welcome as well).

If you are interested in co-maintaining the package, please add youself
as an uploader before you do an upload.  The package is in collab-maint
[1], so commit the change there too :)

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/ext-maint/ifplugd/unstable and
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/ext-maint/ifplugd/unstable/?op=log

A summary of changes:

 #452184 - ITA for ifplugd
 #360464, #461395 - remove ifplugd.hotplug on package upgrades
 #213910, #319727 - make debconf questions self-contained
 #368797 - init script can run with /bin/sh and doesn't need bash
 #404955 - don't start daemon for non-existing static interfaces
 #418918 - ifplugd.rules was executable, chmod to 644 on upgrade
 #393185 - change incorrect name of /etc/default file in manpage
 #414888, #414760, #457827, #458193, #460304 - debconf translations

 Plenty of packaging changes, and fixes all lintian warnings.

There are a bunch of other bugs in the BTS that can be fixed, none very
pressing I would say, and I'd like to tackle them for a later upload.

The package is available on mentors.d.n:

 http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/ifplugd
 dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/ifplugd/ifplugd_0.28-5.dsc

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Giridhar

PS: I am on a weak internet link, a bit busy and not subscribed to
debian-mentors since a few days, so please Cc: me on responses and
expect a delay of a day or two before you hear back from me.

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/