RFS: phpgroupware

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the package "phpgroupware".

* Package name    : phpgroupware
  Version         : 1:0.9.16.012+dfsg-1
  Upstream Author : Multiple authors of the phpGroupware.org project + FSF (part of the GNU project)
* URL             : www.phpgroupware.org
* License         : Most under GNU GPL
  Section         : web

It builds these binary packages:
phpgroupware - Web based groupware system written in PHP
phpgroupware-0.9.16 - Web based groupware system written in PHP
phpgroupware-0.9.16-addressbook - phpGroupWare addressbook management module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-admin - phpGroupWare administration module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-calendar - phpGroupWare calendar management module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-core - Core applications of a groupware system based on phpGroupware
phpgroupware-0.9.16-core-base - Base components of the phpGroupware application server
phpgroupware-0.9.16-doc - Web based groupware system written in PHP
phpgroupware-0.9.16-email - phpGroupWare E-Mail client module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-filemanager - phpGroupWare filemanager module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-manual - phpGroupWare on-line manual module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-notes - phpGroupWare notes management module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-phpgwapi - library of common phpGroupWare functions
phpgroupware-0.9.16-preferences - phpGroupWare preferences management module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-setup - phpGroupWare setup III module
phpgroupware-0.9.16-todo - phpGroupWare todo list management module

The upload would fix these bugs: 464014

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/phpgroupware/phpgroupware_0.9.16.012+dfsg-1.dsc

Note that this package is still in stable, but was removed from the
distribution recently since maintainer was MIA. More details on the
history of the package in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=464014 and
This explains why I changed epoch.

The binary packages are not as numerous as the ones in he previous
package, in order to limit the amount of unmaintained or difficult to
maintain code. More details are provided in the enclosed README.Debian
files.

Note that the binary packages contain 0.9.16 in order to prepare for
potential release of phpGroupware 0.9.18 (upstream is optimistic on
stabilization ofa release soon) and a coexistence period of both
versions in Debian.

The package's scripts or patches were not touched compared to previous
packaging, and only the build process was changed to produce a different
binary packages layout.

Also we intend to do collaborative maintenance on the package (together
with Christian Bac, in CC:, and any other volunteers), so we hope to be
able to use alioth resources maybe.

We hope this will help solve some of the problems that occurred on
previous packaging of the software.

For the records, I have no formal past track record as Debian
maintainer, but I have been involved in producing local unofficial
packages for our PicoForge software (www.picoforge.org), together with
Christian, and am also contributing to testing and fixing bugs on the
(official) Sympa package, trying to help its maintainer (racke). Besides
that I'm also a Debian fan, and the BTS knows me ;)

Btw, I may meet some of you this weekend at the FOSDEM, where it may be
more convenient to discuss packaging of phpGroupware.

Kind regards
 Olivier Berger
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> (*NEW ADDRESS*)