Re: RFS: axel (updated package) -- Fixes ITA and a bunch of bugs

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 01:27:36PM +0530, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:
> Hi,

Hi :)

> I am looking for a sponsor for a new version 1.0b-4 of "axel".  This is
> for an ITA.  I originally requested Wilmer (the previous maintainer) for
> a sponsored upload but it has been over 2 weeks since I heard from him,
> hence this request to a wider audience :)
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> axel       - A light download accelerator - Console version
> axel-kapt  - A light download accelerator - Console version front-end

I would like to sponsor it... The package looks ok, but I have one question: Why
don't you switch to debhelper as most people use it nowadays for such packages?
I mean, writing the "update-menus" in your postinst and postrm files by hand is
kind of PITA isn't it? "dh_installmenus" would take care of actualizing this
scripts automatically... What do you think about that?

Regards,

--
  .''`.     Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org>
 : :'  :    Debian GNU/Linux developer