Re: RFS: qstardict

On Nov 12, 2007 1:51 AM, Alexander Rodin <rodin.alexander@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "qstardict".

A review of your package:

debian/docs should have one file per line

move the homepage to a proper field: http://wiki.debian.org/HomepageFieldHOWTO

in the description, either say "with" or "using", not "with using".
The grammar in your description needs a bit of work, I'd suggest
asking on the debian-l10n-english list for a review

I think you need to pass those CFLAGS to $(MAKE), otherwise they won't
get used, this means that DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt does not work.

This package isn't yet in debian, but you have not yet filed an ITP
bug and closed it in the changelog. Please read
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ and don't forget to check if someone
else is already packaging qstardict.

don't forget to send the manual page upstream

don't need to call dh_link, since you aren't creating any symlinks

same for dh_installexamples

you have some lintian warnings to fix:

I: qstardict: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/qstardict.1.gz:31
I: qstardict: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key
/usr/share/applications/qstardict.desktop:3 Encoding
W: qstardict: menu-item-uses-apps-section /usr/share/menu/qstardict:2
W: qstardict: menu-item-creates-new-section Apps/Tools
/usr/share/menu/qstardict:2

Why do you do Provides: stardict ?

--
bye,